Proof of Learn (POL), a Web 3 learn-to-earn platform, has raised $15 million in a funding round led by venture capital firm New Enterprise Associates.
- The firm will use the funding to spread awareness among users. POL will give users access to Web 3 employers through a careers marketplace, while letting them earn cryptocurrency and NFT rewards as they learn.
- Other investors in the round included Animoca Brands, GoldenTree Asset Management, gumi Cryptos Capital and Infinity Ventures Crypto.
- POL was co-founded by Filipino-American entrepreneur and former CEO of Care.com, Sheila Lirio Marcelo. The firm will launch its first project in mid-2022.
- “The global demand for accessible and affordable education has created a massive opportunity for Proof of Learn to make learning scalable with a new decentralized model for people around the world,” said Tony Florence, managing general partner, technology at New Enterprise Associates.
- New Enterprise Associates said it has been making numerous investments in the education and crypto sector. Investing in FTX, Coursera, MasterClass, Everfi, DesireToLearn, MoonPay, OpenSea and Royal.
- There has been growing interest in Web 3, which is the third generation of internet services that has been made possible by decentralized networks.
- Most recently, Former Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey publicly sparred with venture capitalists over Web 3. Dorsey stated in a tweet on Dec. 20 that VCs, not users, control Web 3, thus making it a “centralized entity with a different label.