Job listings for crypto-related positions increased by almost five times in 2021 compared to a year earlier, according to a recent study by LinkedIn.
- Postings with titles containing terms such as “bitcoin,” “ethereum,” “blockchain” and “cryptocurrency” grew 395% in the U.S. from 2020 to 2021, according to the study. That was significantly higher than the 95% increase in job listings in the broader tech industry over the same time period.
- Most of the postings were for software and finance positions, but LinkedIn also noted a rise in demand for people in professional services such as accounting and consulting, as well as in staffing and computer hardware.
- Some of the most common job titles were for blockchain developers and engineers.
- The San Francisco Bay area, Austin, New York City, Miami-Fort Lauderdale and Denver were the areas that had the most crypto job postings in 2021, LinkedIn told MarketWatch.
- In 2020, the five areas with the most crypto job listings were the San Francisco Bay Area, New York City, the Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill area, Greater Philadelphia and Los Angeles.