In the 2021 bull run, cryptocurrencies that played on the dog theme dominated the market. It all started on April 2nd, when Elon Musk tweeted “Dogecoin might be my fav cryptocurrency. It’s pretty cool.” In the weeks that followed, Dogecoin – cryptocurrency’s original meme – skyrocketed from a meager $0.05 to a high of $0.75 on May 7th. That means a DOGE holder who had $100 of Dogecoin on April 2nd would have had $1500 less than a month later.
With the Tesla CEO incorporating DOGE into its accepted payments for merchandise sales and supercharging stations and suggesting that people who subscribe to Twitter Blue should be able to pay with Dogecoin, DOGE itself (approximately $0.08 at the time of writing) still has massive upside potential. But many feel as though they’ve missed out on the asset’s heyday. They’re looking for the next 10,000x that only comes from early adoption. These five dog-themed coins have the potential to do just that.
- Baby Doge ($BABYDOGE) is a deflationary token designed to become more scarce over time. They charge a 5% fee for each sale of the asset and redistribute that fee to Baby Doge Coin holders – meaning the longer you hold, the more you can earn. It’s worth noting that Musk himself tweeted about Baby Doge on July 1st 2021. Currently, Baby Doge sits at $263 million market cap.
- Dogelon Mars ($ELON) is a dog-themed project that seeks to outpace Dogecoin’s success. As the website says, “I am Dogelon. Dogelon Mars. Join me and together we will reach the stars.” The page refers to Musk’s vision of colonizing Mars – though the controversial billionaire has yet to mention the asset. ELON is currently ranked #126 on CoinMarketCap with a market cap of $267 million.
- Mini Doge ($MINIDOGE) started as a deflationary meme coin, but it’s since evolved into a Web 3 ecosystem complete with a play-to-earn adventure game that allows holders to earn NFTs and more tokens as they go. Mini Doge has a market cap of only $2.3 million.
- Pulse Doge Win ($PULSEDOGE) is a community meme token that was built on Binance Smart Chain with the intent of bringing adoption to PulseChain – a new layer 1 blockchain set to launch later this year. The website claims that those who hold PulseDoge on BSC at the time of PulseChain’s launch will receive an equal 1:1 airdrop on PulseChain. This means that if you buy the token now, you’ll get double for your money. PulseDoge has a $7.5 million market cap.
- Dogechain ($DC) is an up-and-coming layer-1 blockchain designed to give DOGE more DeFi utility. For a limited amount of time, $DOGE holders will be able to freeclaim $DC tokens when they bridge their DOGE over from centralized exchanges or other chains. Staking bridged $DOGE will yield $DC tokens over time, while staking $DC will allow users to earn yield, prizes, rewards, and voting rights on the Doge DAO. This means that buying $DOGE now could yield exponential gains when $DC launches. Additionally, the DogeChain team has been conducting a grand-a-day giveaway for the entire month of May. There are still a few days left to get involved.
2021’s epic bull run is over, but there will be another bull market, and people love their dogs. Dog-themed projects will continue to dominate the memecoin space for the foreseeable future. Will you 1,000x?